1. WHO MAINTAINS THE CALENDAR?
A: This calendar is jointly maintained by volunteers from our Ouray County (including Ouray, Ridgway & Colona) non-profit organizations, Chambers and local governments. If you need help you can email the calendar moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. HOW DO I VIEW LESS OR MORE EVENTS?
To view events by categories, use the drop-down menu in the upper left of the calendar. Default (Main Calendar) view is All Events. To view events from more or less categories use the drop-down "SELECT EVENT CATEGORY/CATEGORIES MENU" in the upper-left of the Calendar header below.
3. WHAT CATEGORIES ARE THERE?
A: Benefits/Fundraisers; Churches/Spiritual Events; Classes (Adult & Youth, non-Weehawken); Festivals & Free Events; Government Meetings; Non-government Meetings; Museum & Library Events (including opening receptions); Ongoing Exhibits (such as art shows, museum exhibits); Performances & Arts Events; Roads/Weeds/Utilities Activities (such as where chemical spraying or road grading is planned); Schools; Services for the Community; Specials (such as special deals or sales at local businesses); Volunteer! (opportunities to volunteer around the County); Voyager Youth Program (after-school and summer activities schedule); Youth Activiites (non-Voyager); and Weehawken (Weehawken classes & events).
The default Calendar view shows all the categories. You can use the drop-down selector to select only categories of interest.
4. WHAT ARE THE BASIC FEATURES OF THE CALENDAR?
A: Basic features include search utility; view by month, list, week; turn on/turn off categories; get email reminders about certain events; RSS feeds; sync with iCal and smart phone calendars; and more.
5. Can I click on an event from the "UPCOMING EVENTS" list?
A. Yes -- just click on the Event Title. A box with more information will "pop-up". Your pop-up blocker must be turned off to use the features of this web site and calendar. The Upcoming Events list shows the next 50 events within 100 days from today.
6. How do I find more information about an event?
A. Click on the event title in the Calendar grid. A box with more information will "pop-up" Your pop-up blocker must be turned off.
7. How do I have the calendar email me a reminder about an event I want to remember to attend?
A. Click on the event title. The pop-up box will have an option to set an email reminder (see below). You can choose how far in advance you want the reminder.
8. How do I use the search wizard on the left side of the calendar page?
Enter as much or as little search criteria as you wish. Watch the defaults! A list of events matching your search criteria will popup. You can click on the event titles to see more detailed information.
9. How do I get an event added to the Calendar?
10. How do I get an event edited once it is on the Calendar?
11. I see an error in an event that someone else submitted to the Calendar. How does that get fixed?
12. Can I embed the Calendar in my web site?
13. Can I embed a list of upcoming events in my blog?